Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5/11/2010 lesson for Ollie

This is what it looks like...


It's actually darker right now at this exact moment. It seems to change hourly. As ugly as it looks, it feels so much better! I can wear my dansko clogs again!! But it'll be a little while before I get a pedicure. That would be excruciating!

Newsflash: Smooshed feet are an occupational hazard when you own horses.

Tonight Ollie had a lesson with Betsy. It's been a little while since he's had to really work. I've been working on him at the mounting block and that's about it.

So Ollie was a little bit grumpy when he had to actually do some work



and not enjoying being asked for things



But he came around and started to show his perky good looks...





and drool coming out of the mouth is always a good sign



But to be honest, it wasn't all that great of a lesson for him. He had his old saddle on with it padded up in a way the saddle fitter suggested. It fit him much better this way but I'm guessing it still wasn't super comfortable for him and he's the most sensitive horse I've ever been around. I KNOW that his back was not a problem, the chiropractor came out last night to adjust him and said he was considerably better. You could tell just because he'd stand fairly nicely for the doc! He just anticipated the rubber nail/anvil into his hip as a problem long before it made any contact... I guess it hurt him before but this time it didn't hurt much at all. So Ollie had no excuses except for his lack of work.

He's back on the weekly work tab with Betsy since I'll be around a little bit more often. I'm heading out for the Preakness weekend but will be back on Monday. And I won't be doing much traveling until I have to travel for my work in mid June.

It'll be nice to get Ollie back at it and for me to enjoy riding both my boys.

But be sure to look for my Preakness photos! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment