Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Preakness

Congrats to Rachel Alexandra!!

RAC: MAY 16-09 Preakness Stakes


I spent my entire day at the track starting at 5am when I was told Rachel Alexandra would walk the shedrow. It's nice to have an "in" with my friends who work for Steve Asmussen!

Here are my photos from the morning - Preakness morning.

My favorite is of Chip Woolley's belt buckle - the trainer for Mine That Bird:


the belt buckle


As you can imagine I got a lot of teasing for pointing the large lens of my camera on his belt buckle by Chip Woolley and the other connections of Mine That Bird.

And here is a link to the photos of the post parade from the Stakes Barn and the race.

Preakness Race

Inbetween shooting photos, I was blogging what was going on throughout the day on the Alex Brown Racing website. I was sending updates from my iphone!

Now I'm off to have brunch with some friends who work at Fair Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment