1. You liked to nuzzle my hair and neck while I buckled your blanket;
2. You had a loud jealous whinny every time you saw me at Toby’s stall;
3. You had a loud impatient whinny when you heard me enter the barn. (I’m going to really miss that);
4. You’d give me all your feet easily for picking EXCEPT your front right. I’d be asking for the right and you were giving me the left. You’re such a comedian;
5. You always got the most out of your rolls;
6. You tried to bite the cross ties when I used the firm brush on you;
7. You tried to bite the cross ties when I tightened your girth no matter how slowly I did it;
8. You loved to go into Starlets empty stall after our lesson to clean up her leftover grain and crib on the wall hung feeder while I paid Betsy;
9. You threatened to bite me during the chiropractic sessions but you were all show;
10. You loved it when I used the curry on the underside of your neck and you’d raise your head up, tilt it and make funny faces with your lips when I hit a good spot;
11. You liked to be scratched on the crest of your neck just under your mane;
12. After scratching your mane you would shake your neck and head to mess your mane up;
13. Whenever I was about to ride you, "IT" came out and got hard – VERY EMBARRASSING!
14. You were very flexible – like gumby!
15. You could communicate your likes and dislikes the easiest of any horse I’ve been around;
16. You would wrap your head and neck around me and check out my pockets for treats before you would let me put on your halter;
17. You perfected your impersonation of Hannibal Lector;
18. You had the softest nose I’ve ever touched on a horse.
19. You had strong opinions
20. You had a really thick mane and tail
21. You could crib through any anti cribbing device;
22. Your mane would never stay on just one side;
23. You enjoyed baths and drinking out of the hose while holding the end with your teeth;
24. You were a “hot house flower” and hated to go out on cold days;
25. You liked most any flavor and kind of treat but especially the soft peppermints;
26. I could never completely get rid of that skin crud on your back legs;
27. You had a 3 inch long jagged scar down just above your sock on your back left leg from something during your racing days. No hair would ever grow there. But the crud would!
28. Your neck always cracked and popped when we did your stretching exercises. Both directions;
29. You learned to enjoy a good tail pull;
30. You always stood quietly for the farrier, and vets but not the chiropractor (see previous 25 Things) but you enjoyed the chiropractic treatments the most;
31. You had a girl friend who sadly moved out of town;
32. You were always a great listener with one ear on me at all times;
33. You had the most rhythmic, smoothest, well balanced canter I’ve ever experienced;
34. You were the youngest member of my 4-legged family (Toby in a couple weeks will be 20, Pita the cat is 13, Palmer the golden is 12);
35. You told me every time I saw you that I was special.
And then for one great glimpse into his personality I recommend you watch this video I made about one of our riding lessons. At the time I thought I was being really cheesey showing everyone our "pre shot routine" (to borrow a golf term) as we prepared for the lesson but now I watch it over and over again. My favorite part is the close up of him eating the carrot which I snuck him. It makes me want to reach out and touch that ultra soft nose one more time...