Friday, March 20, 2009

A Final Farewell

Today I had to say my own goodbye. A private goodbye between me and Jag. I didn't want anyone else around. I left Jag a yellow rose and a few of his favorite peppermints. I actually hope the deer he was so mesmerized by will enjoy the treats. I know the wild turkeys that would frequent his paddock and scare his big patooty off won't.



goodbye rose


I had my private time with him. Said my final goodbye and headed over to visit Toby.

I took the Tobster out of his stall and proceeded to scrub the dried up mud that covered his neck and head and legs. We are in the middle of mud season and thankfully he was blanketed! Toby and I went through our routine and then I took him out for a nibble on some grass - granted it hasn't begun to grow here at the 45th parallel. But he seemed so happy. Then he told me, "Miss Wendy, you'll be ok. I'm still here for you."


i'm here for ya miss wendy


Thank you Toby.

11 comments:

  1. You just HAD to make me cry again...
    :) Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wendy - that is a beautiful photo of a beautiful remembrance. So glad you and Toby have each other right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness all my coworkers have gone home for the day. My eyes are all leaky.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    I was trying to be good...you did it agian the rivers are flowing from my eyes.

    For you Wendy:

    "Lie down with him when his body may tire, Keep his soul alive with endless fire. Fly his spirit,keeping it free. He was poetry in motion for the world to see."
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful souls poetry with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wendy: jag's sprit will forever be in your heart. begin now just by listening to your heart - there it is - that sound that keeps your horse close and can bring peace to your spirit...that glorious sound of hoofbeats in heaven.

    love always, vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Jaguar Hope with all of us...you are a very special person!!Jag chose wisely !! HUGS and luv as many as your heart can hold coming your way my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. And thank you for loving an animal who surely loved you more. Toby is lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your unbelievable support.

    It blows my mind that a horse in a pasture with excellent footing ends up with an injury that would be considered one of the worst kinds on a race track.

    And he came off the track after 6 yrs of racing without a single blemish.

    sometimes life doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also live at the 45th parallel, but on the West Coast. The grass is beginning to grow here, so it will probably be growing there for you shortly.

    I first came to your blog via Sarah's Rock and Racehorses blog on the day you posted about Jag's passing. Each and every time I visit your page, I make a trip across town to give my own horse a hug and to tell him how special he is.

    My heart still aches for your loss.

    ReplyDelete