Friday, June 12, 2015

Meet Market Light (Marley)

I'm super excited about the Retired Racehorse Project coming to Lexington this fall. I love what their mission is all about and I support it whole heartedly.  In fact, I had hoped that I could compete in it with Canoodler but, and I figured this was true, he has been off the track too long to be eligible.

So I teamed up with my friend Christine's horse that is in training with my coach Emily! It's perfect and this horse is PERFECT!

The horse is a 3 yr old filly named Market Light (by After Market). We call her Marley. She is the spitting image of "Black Beauty". So well put together, so friendly and kind, and she loves to have a job and gives our coach, Emily no fuss about it!

My coach Emily Brollier in the saddle and my friend and Marley's owner, Christine Siegel standing by them.
She's just so trainable and nice! I love to watch them! Emily rides Marley on the same days as we work Canoodler so I see them all the time.  I am completely living vicariously through them as they prepare for the RRP Thoroughbred Makeover in October. So I signed on to be their photo/video team member.

Marley was once in training to be a race horse at Winstar Farm. Her owners realized she wasn't going to make it as a race horse and rehomed her to Christine. And here we are today.

You can follow Christine, Emily and Marley on their facebook page Market Light: RRP 2015 Makeover Competitor. Please "Like" their page! You will be able to see their progress and share in the adventures as we go along. I'll be there as often as I can with camera in hand!

Last week I created this video of Marley and Emily as they worked. She's a young horse and Emily explains in the video what her training goals entail. This will be a whole lot of fun to see her progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment