Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm So Stylish




Evidently someone thinks I have style.   I can safely tell you that I do not know style - at least when it comes to my own clothing. 

Here is what I get to do as a stylish blogger:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!


So here are seven things about me
  1. I never seem to get tired of watching "Cash Cab."
  2. I currently work for the United States Golf Association and am considered an expert in the Rules of Golf.  
  3. Seinfeld is classic entertainment.
  4. I can't stand clothes shopping.
  5. I like to listen to "adult alternative" music (KT Tunstall, Tristan Prettyman, Joss Stone, to name a few)
  6. I played field hockey and also crewed (rowing) while in college
  7. I have a really big smile - oh you probably saw that by now  :)
Now here are some very stylish bloggers in my book.


  1. Herringswell Stables blog - this is race horse trainer Graham Motion's blog.  It's great for an inside look at their operation and some gorgeous photos from Fair Hill, MD!
  2. Boulderneigh - I love to read about Michelle's sheep and learn about wool.  Who knew!  
  3. Triple Dead Heat - my good friend Keith McCalmont's blog about racing at Woodbine (Toronto)
  4. The Brays of Our Lives - Fenway Bartholomule cracks me up most every day.  
  5. Frankie Lovato Jr - it's cool to have a jockey blogging!
  6. Miles On Miles - gotta keep up with my Michigan peeps who have OTTB's!
  7. A Horse Named Monk - Monk is an endurance horse who competed at WEG.  I enjoy following their training and adventures in endurance riding - which I know little about!
  8. Dressage Training Journal - my Canadian friend Carol and her horse Rogo.  I enjoy reading about her adventures in dressage.
  9. It's Quarters For Me - Shannon and her quarter horses. Shannon is big into learning about her horses hooves.  I like that!
  10. Fran Jurga's Hoof Blog - this is by far the most informative blog on hoofcare.  Fran is very knowledgeable as well as connected to people in the hoofcare world.  And I mean WORLD!
  11.  
I believe I was suppose to put up 15 blogs but 10 seems like a good start for me!  I actually like to check out the Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance to get most of my blogging racing news as well as RaceDay 360.  Those two sites have a ton of bloggers and a wealth of information!  To make it easy for me to read all my favorites websites and blogs I use Google Reader.

Thanks again for thinking I'm stylish!  It's a nice feel good!!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks. I worked on a golf course once. It was awful, but I got really good at using a weed whacker- I could practically mow a lawn with one of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golf course = improperly used galloping space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Natalie - you are so right EXCEPT that golf courses are so over watered that the turf is too soft and the horses would probably get some sort of soft tissue injury. BTW - I fantasize about that often as I sit in a golf cart for hours bored to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, thank you for the shout out :)Awesome blog you have!! :)

    ReplyDelete