Thursday, February 25, 2010

Missing Home and the University of Arizona's Survey

What do you do when you're away from home for a long time and missing your 4-legged family? You watch videos of them of course!

This is the last video I have of Ollie which tells me I need to make another one this coming month!!



And then after watching this one again, I realized that I've even improved in my riding abilities! Sometimes I can be so hard on myself...



I can't wait to get home to see my boys this weekend... I miss them tons!

I recently read some information about a study being conducted by the University of Arizona regarding Off-Track Thoroughbreds and off track Standardbreds. U of A needs people who own these types of horses to fill out their survey. According to one of the students working on the project, the objectives of the study are the following:

1. Where are retired racehorses going after leaving racetrack training? Can these horses find satisfied owners and success in competition in careers in a variety of sports in America after racing on the flat track?

2. Are there particular American sires whose offspring are especially successful in second careers?

3. How are non flat racing thoroughbred owners obtaining their off the track horses?

I think the results will be interesting. I'm particularly interested in seeing what sires may show up to be good at breeding thoroughbreds for other sports. Since Jag had such a great mind and was NEVER spooked by ANYTHING including chunks of ice falling from the roof just a few feet from him (all the humans jumped but Jag didn't even flinch), and I've heard that other horses from the Alydar line are similar in disposition, that I hope to see Alydar horses excelling in off track activities.

Please take a couple minutes (doesn't take long at all) and fill out the survey!

University of Arizona survey

No comments:

Post a Comment